HEREWITH, the following Words and Phrases are ordered Banish’d from the common speech as Damning Evidence of groupthink, known to be detrimental to the Rever’d Gift of Free Will:
- Drill down
- Double down
- Low-hanging fruit
- I’m just saying (a perennial Banishment entry, alas)
- Awesome sauce (or anything-sauce)
- Douche (in an Adjectival state)
- I think I threw up in my mouth a little (this Devil has resisted many previous Proclamations)
- Threw him under the bus
- Sustainable (most especially in reference to the marketing of Productes)
- Man cave
- Epic fail
- Not so much
- Skin in the game
Special consideration is being given to explanatory sentences beginning with the word “So,” as there seems to be a highly infectious plague of them among talk-show guests.
The gentle quality of Mercy suggests that users of such Banish’d Words and Phrases be treated not with Scorn or Derision but with heartfelt Pity, and generally Punish’d subsequent to their thoughtless usage by a downward Gaze and a small shake of the Head.